Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 08:48:28 -0500
This came in this morning's mail. I have unsubscribed this person.

I HAVE SENT REQUEST AS PEOPLE HAVE SAID AND THE EITHER COME BACK ARE
NORESPONSE.

IF WRITING NICELY DOES NOT GET THIS , MAYBE TO TALK MEAN AND UGLY WILL WORK.
UNSUBSCRIBE LACTNET

Talking mean and ugly doesn't work when you are talking to a computer, which
is what you were doing. Talking mean and ugly to people is just plain rude.
Just for informations' sake,  the instructions on how to sign off Lactnet
were given more than once.  As volunteer listowner, I do not perform
commands for the 1200 folks who come and subscribe onto Lactnet.  The
instructions are given..and even re-emphasized on the top of every header,
... the basic commands of listserv.  The computer does not understand
whether you ask nicely or rudely. It only sees that a command is sent
properly, or it isn't.

Some people forget that they were the ones who signed onto the listserv. I
didn't sign 'em on. Sigh. And of course, good manners never hurt anyone.

Irked. Kathleen

Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet,Corgi-L,TLC, Indep. Consultant
http://together.net/~kbruce/kbbhome.html
LACTNET Archives http://library.ummed.edu/lsv/archives/lactnet.html