From:
Maureen White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 1996 21:05:59 AST
     Hi everyone, Tonight's posts brought a couple of threads together for
     me and I'd like to hear about the thoughts/experiences of others along
     these lines. I've encountered a lot of fathers who feel strongly that
     involvement with baby=feeding baby a bottle and as we discuss the
     "other" kinds of involvement there is often some laughter, then
     serious interest in getting in the bathtub with the baby. One father
     (from a strong abm family background) recently spoke eloquently about
     how wonderful and fulfilling he found the times in the tub with his
     baby and how he found his "jealous" feelings regarding his partner's
     relationship with their baby melting away.Was this a sort of
     rebirthing experience I wonder? Linda Russell Dunn would you like to
     comment??
     Maureen White RN MN IBCLC in Halifax, NS where it's starting to get
     dark too early!