From:
Patricia Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Sep 1996 01:20:49 +0000
Barbara - I have a theory about infrequent poops and this baby seems to
confirm it.  A healthy, rapidly growing (as in double birth weight by 2 mo!)
BF baby uses the br. milk so efficiently that there isn't much waste, so we
see infrequent poops.  I've heard some people quote up to two weeks!  My 5th
& last baby (now 27) started to have a BM every fifth day around  7 weeks.
He kept up this pattern until about 7 months.  He was a butterball.  He was
8 lbs.5 oz at birth, 25 lbs at 7 mo.  I don't know how much he was at 2 mo.,
but he only lost 3 oz while rooming-in for 4 days.  True confessions-# 5's
few weights are written in the margins of his older brother's baby book!  I
know the weights are on a calendar somewhere in the attic, but there is a
limit to my research on a Sat pm. The end result of all of this is that, if
when he goes it is soft and pasty, it doesn't really matter how frequently
he goes, except in the anal retentive U.S.

Rosemary - there are several good, inexpensive books on resume writing ( ie:
The D--- Good Resume Guide or Resumes That Get Jobs.  Jan DeCoopman has
resume writing down to an art form!  The basics are:

Name, address, phone #
Work Experience (mine is divided into 3 areas: parent-child nursing,
lactation,                  business skills)
Education
Certification
Honors
Professional organizations
Special Activities (like LLL, Family Planning Services - organizations)

You don't put anything personal in it.  Although the MALC Newsletter has a
cartoon this month.  The interviewee says to the boss reading the resume -
"oh yes, and I was breastfed."

101 uses - I got such a laugh out of the plumber.  After feeding, we used to
dump ABM bottle contents into the sink in the nursery because they made the
trash bags so heavy.  We had to stop doing that when the sinks became
horribly clogged.   Sincerely, Pat
Pat Young in SNJ, USA "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens
can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has."  Margaret Mead