From:
Evi Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 1996 00:50:48 GMT
My 17 year old daughter, Mika Rubin, found some other teenagers to hang around with during the conference, they spent most of their time in the lobby, playing cards ,etc. . I walk by and overhear Joanne Huggins saying to Mika "my mom breastfed me for three and a half years" , Mika answers " my mom breastfed me for 3 1/2 years too".

Can I tell you that I swooned??

I don't think we even have to think for one minute to defend so called long term or toddler breastfeeding/nuturing, I think that there is a certain type of person that loves to do it and / or does it to fill the child's needs. I personally think every  baby is a high need baby and that all parents should be licensed before they get pregnant - however that's not the way it is.

AM so happy that this summer is cooler than 1995 in NY, clear skies and and actual breeze on a Sunday!!!

EVI