From:
Sue LaLeike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 1996 20:18:46 -0400
Dear Evi,

Sometimes, but not always!<G>

Many years ago, I had a couple who was living in their elderly aunt's condo
in nearby Fort Myers while they looked for a place to move to after their
baby came.  At a social event one evening, the mom-to-be had a
pro-breastfeeding button on her purse - one with a bottle and the universal
slash/no symbol through it.

A very put-out older woman came up and started verbally chastizing her,
ending the conversation with a self-assured "Well, if God didn't want us to
use formula and bottles, He wouldn't have given us the wisdom to make
them!!"

Sadly, through the years as I have related this exchange to younger couples
in my classes, I have way too often heard that they themselves are STILL
getting this retort from local residents of all

Sue LaLeike
Lehigh Acres, FL  ( a geographical AND health backwater if ever there was
one!)