From:
T & V Best <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 1997 23:04:56 +0800
As of tomorrow, I am seeing a client 12 days post partum, who is on a
methodone program.  Mum is feeding via a modified SNS and expressing for
this and to increase her supply, which is not too good.  I know nothing
about methadone and would appreciate any infomation pertaining to
breastfeeding whilst on it.  I have searched the archives, but have only
one letter.  This is the mums 3rd baby, she has been on methadone with
them all.  Her concern is, does methadone cause low supply?  Can anyone
enlighten me?
Val in Busselton, Western Australia
RN RM IBCLC