From:
Ruthy Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 01:22:02 -0400
ALERT ALERT got a call from the company that purchased the rights from ROSS
for the "Ross soother" now made in "baby blue silicone" and available in
"N" for natural un-vanilla scented and also in the "Vanilla-scent" form
avilable in lots of 100 for $125.00 now we all talk about saving $ in
managed care but why must we "EAT" a cool 125.00 on vanilla scented
pacifiers? if babies get unscented they will take them RIGHT? because
there's NO SUCH THING as nipple confusion. so my question is why must there
be an olfactory incentive to suck unless "the industry" knows something we
Lactation Consultants do not ???????? imprint attractive odors to
distinctive activities.....has anyone researched if vanilla odors "mask"
the pheromones of mother's milk? Menella et al. what do you think?

The soother "Rep" told me that we could include a brochure in our Discharge
Packs with info on where the moms can buy these unique soothers once they
leave the hospital so they won't have to frantically search the stores for
that perfect pacifier.

Solution :Our hospital Auxilary has provided the soothers in the candy
vending machine at the cost of 50 cents. This way we can keep code,
maybe.....

 funny how appropriate a location, perhaps we could dispense them from
cigarette machines
 since the republicans no longer think tobacco is addictive perhaps all
those cigarette smokers could use a binky instead.....