From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 1997 18:02:24 -0500
Greetings all.

I need to remind you all that this list is for the connection of those
interested in promoting and protecting breastfeeding for all mothers and
babies.

Disrespectful personal comments, whether true or untrue,  of a negative
nature, are **always***  inappropriate on Lactnet.  Someone indeed might
have acted inappropriately, bla bla bla..or maybe they didn't.  However,
with a public bashing, that person may have no way to recover his or her
reputation, or repair her /his hurt feelings, .......to publically embarass
any person on our list  is not acceptable on Lactnet. Please refer to the
rules on this one.  Folks, flaming is not tolerated by me. The first warning
is in the welcome note.

This reminder reminds *me* of my mother in law's dog...somehow. Simon would
bark bark bark [he was a Corgi..a good dog} at the squirrels and other
critters in her back yard...as *long* as the screen door was shut and he was
safely in side.  If he was outside, and saw these creatures, he would RUN
inside and hide.  His bark was a lot worse and more fearsome when he himself
had the protection of the screen door. We, as subscribers to an e-mail
listserv, will say and do things on a listserv when we have the protection
of relative anonymity.  If the same person were standing next to us, would
we say the same thing to that person to their face?  If not, then stow the
comment. One can always use private email as well.   Let's maintain civility
folks.

Kathleen

Pax,
Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet,Corgi-L,TLC, Indep. Consultant
http://together.net/~kbruce/kbbhome.html
LACTNET Archives http://library.ummed.edu/lsv/archives/lactnet.html