From:
Belinda Bohnert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jun 1996 22:12:54 -0600
My third baby clicked when she nursed from the start.  I discovered a
blister on the meaty part of her palm under the thumb.  I figure she sucked
on that part while still inside and taught herself incorrectly.  We did the
finger on the tongue exercise whilegently pushing down and pulling out for
several days before nursing and it was corrected.  My nipples were never
sore but we started this very early possibly before any soreness could
start.  It helps to have several LLL Leaders at your birth! :-).

Belinda Bohnert <[log in to unmask]> LLLLeader, mom to Joshua (6/84),
Chapin (6/88), Gretchen (9/91), Annaliese (11/93) Due (11/96). Married to
Craig for 14 yrs.  In Indianapolis, Indiana