From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 1996 11:57:10 -0400
Hi All,
Have a mom who has one of the WORST cases of thrush, both her and baby, I
have ever dealt with.  Mom is treating baby with Nystat susp, with no
improvement.  She is treating appropriately.  She has no med isn at all
(though she is only 15 yrs, state aid will not take her until Aug 1, don't
know why. ) and her mom has had her seeing an herbologist for help.  The
babys Ped suggested Monistat for moms nipples, but mom didn't use that.
 Instead she has been using something called Pau D'Arco cream on her nipples
that the hebologist gave her, and has been drinking Pau D'Arco tea.  With
absolutely no improvement after a week, I suggested that she at least try the
Monistat, and talk to the Ped about getting oral Diflucan for the baby.  They
have been fighting this for 4 weeks now, moms nipps crack and bleed at times.
 She is boiling everything in sight, and has been doing white vinegar rinses.
 Mom also, now, reports burning, shooting pains inside the breast.  I think a
round of DIflucan would do her a world of good, but with no med ins and no
money, she is kinda stuck.  Her mom is really into the herb thing and has
been asking for info on other herbs that can help her daughter.  I know this
note is kinda of helter skelter (sorry, trying to chase Ben and do this too!)
 but does anyone out there have any info on herbs that can help this poor
mom?  With systemic yeast in both herself and baby, she is really frustrated.
 But, can you believe, she has no desire to give up??  She, at 15 yrs, has
more stamina and conviction to BF her baby than many of the older moms I work
with who give up when the baby doesn't latch on right the first time!  I have
told her how great she is, and that I would do what I could to help her out.

TIA!
Jay

Is it my imagination,. or is yeast getting stronger and more resistant to
treatment lately?