Date:
Thu, 16 May 1996 21:00:56 -0700

I am presenting to a group of Health Professionals on the topic of Breast
Refusal. I would be interested in any articles that you have come across
that would address this topic. I have the basic resources including
Breastfeeding and Human Lactation and the Breastfeeding Answer Book and
some articles by Woolridge on Suck and Attachment. I would like more
information on the effects of the labor and delivery experience on baby's
natural rooting. I would be interested in information on how to encourage
the natural rooting when a newborn seems to have lost it or has never
exhibited it. I am also interested in any documentation on babies
refusing the breast because they have been forced to the breast such as
that sleepy baby who we insist on waking and putting to the breast for
whatever our reasons and he gets so upset he just screams when you put
him to the breast. I certainly feel that this is the case in my practise
but I have not seen anything documented. I really would appretiate any
leads you could give me. Of course, I need this information by May 20.
Yes ,I procrastiate.This is my first time on the>
          LACTNET    JOIN LACTNET>                                LACTNET

> LACTNET is an email discussion group for lactation professionals.
>
> Lactation consulting and related issues including research and
> clinical concerns regarding breastfeeding, are discussed. Currently,
> lactation consultants, La Leche League leaders, MD's, RN's, RPh's,
> RD's, social scientists and others participate in LACTNET. It is
> currently housed at the University of Massachusetts Medical School
> Library Computer.
>
> (Note: for breastfeeding mothers wishing to participate in a
> discussion on breastfeeding, see Parent-L .)

> Click here to send an E-mail message to [log in to unmask]
>
> In the body of the E-mail message, type:
>
>                        JOIN LACTNET Your Name
>
> Use your own name. You will receive an automated set of welcome
> messages after subscribing that will help you use the list. Please
> SAVE these!
>
> Note: With LACTNET, as with all listserv e-mail groups, there are
> two E-mail addresses that you must work with.
>
>    * The first address is the computer address where commands, such
>      as "JOIN LACTNET Jane Doe IBCLC", are mailed. This address is
>
>    * The second address is the address where you send messages that
>      will be read by all the LACTNET members. This address is

> LACTNET is moderated by:
>
>    * Kathleen B. Bruce BSN, IBCLC
>    * Kathleen G. Auerbach Ph.D, IBCLC
>
> You can also visit Kathleen Auerbach's Homepage
 JRigby

> LACTNET is an email discussion group for lactation professionals.
>
> Lactation consulting and related issues including research and
> clinical concerns regarding breastfeeding, are discussed. Currently,
> lactation consultants, La Leche League leaders, MD's, RN's, RPh's,
> RD's, social scientists and others participate in LACTNET. It is
> currently housed at the University of Massachusetts Medical School
> Library Computer.
>
> (Note: for breastfeeding mothers wishing to participate in a
> discussion on breastfeeding, see Parent-L .)

> Click here to send an E-mail message to [log in to unmask]
>
> In the body of the E-mail message, type:
>
>                        JOIN LACTNET Your Name
>
> Use your own name. You will receive an automated set of welcome
> messages after subscribing that will help you use the list. Please
> SAVE these!
>
> Note: With LACTNET, as with all listserv e-mail groups, there are
> two E-mail addresses that you must work with.
>
>    * The first address is the computer address where commands, such
>      as "JOIN LACTNET Jane Doe IBCLC", are mailed. This address is
>
>    * The second address is the address where you send messages that
>      will be read by all the LACTNET members. This address is

> LACTNET is moderated by:
>
>    * Kathleen B. Bruce BSN, IBCLC
>    * Kathleen G. Auerbach Ph.D, IBCLC
>
> You can also visit Kathleen Auerbach's Homepage
 Lactnet and I look
forward to your responce.