From:
Ruth Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 May 1996 00:41:41 -0400
it's funny this doctor quote reminds me of a panamanian immigrant who
exclusively brfed  her first born a male until he was 1 year old When she
started to add solids to the child's diet at his first birthday because she
understood that she was SUPPOSED to breastfeed for 1 year !!!! she took the
recommendation quite literally, as much as i believe in mom's milk unique
superiority i've never advised total brmilk for one year, when they brought
him to my lactation clinic he was 2 years old i was helping mom with
(imaginary)
problems while she "attempted "to nurse her newborn GIRL (she stopped at 6
weeks),i saw no problem except the gender....sad.
this 2 year old exclusively brf boy was writing on the blackboard of my
office performing double digit addition and subtraction and reading words
we wrote on the board (up to 4 letters) i could easily see him "passing"
algebra in a couple of years............so much for malnourished brain
tissue on exclusive mom's milk for one year......just think how smart he
might have been on ABM and cereal might even be the next Einstein.......