Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 1996 19:01:09 +0000
> My feeling is that since this woman has been charged but not convicted,
> she should still have some rights.... and that we should not be
> punishing the baby or adding more to the state's health care costs by
> denying the baby mom's milk, and it sure IS a health issue!  Any
> thoughts?--Phyl, RNC, MSN, IBCLC and CC ("certifiably crazy" after that
> kind of a day!)

Well, since you asked... Not only might it add to the state's health
costs by denying the baby mom's milk, it will surely add to the cost to
all taxpayers if this baby suffers the affliction of non-attachment, a
certified diagnosis.  Taking a baby away from it's incercerated mother
is state sponsored child abuse, IMHO.  Read High Risk, Children Without
A Concience by Ken Magid if you have ANY DOUBTS...

Sue Jacoby, IBCLC Clovis CA