From:
Naomi Bar-Yam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 1996 15:53:16 -0500
I just read a note on Lactnet about pitcoin and autism although
I missed the first post on it.  It was mentioned in an article
on autism in last week's Newsweek.  I looked in medline as well as
in a psych database and found no research looking at that question.
I also looked up articles by the person quoted in the Newsweek
article (whose name escapes me at the moment)  He has lots
of articles but I didn't see any research of his on this topic.
I wouldn't be surprised if this Newsweek article inspires some
research and that in the next year there will be some scholarly
articles on this topic.
  Since there are so many pitocin induced  labors here it is possible
to obtain a large sample to study.  It would be fascinating.
Does anyone know of anyone working in this area?
  Naomi Bar-Yam