From:
Linda Cairns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 May 1996 22:04:07 +0100
I have been asked about the effect of nursing on gestational diabetes.
Would a Mum with gestational diabetes necessarily be gestationally
diabetic with subsequent babies anyway, and if so would nursing reduce
the problem.

Apparently with GD, you have to follow a very strict eating timetable
and food order, in order to keep those glucose levels stable throughout
the day.

It seems that an OB has recommended ceasing bf before having another
baby, but this advice came too late.

Does anyone out there know how bf would affect the diet which should be
followed and how bf would affect the glucose levels? I have been asked
both about insulin dependant and non insulin dependant GD sufferers.

Would the answers be the same for types I and II diabetics please?

I have been asked for good sources to show to doctors
so they won't hassle the diabetics about weaning again.
TIA
--
Linda Cairns
Tilehurst, Berkshire, UK - Mum to Jonathan (9), Stephen (7), and Nicky