Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Theresa Chambliss, RN, BSN, CLE, ACCE" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 1996 17:05:45 -0400
Hello All!

I'm hoping one or more of you wonderfully smart people can give me some info
on 2 moms I've been told about recently.  We just had a mom with an infant in
the NICU at 34 weeks (first baby, vaginal delivery), who broke out in hives
everytime she pumped.  I myself did not see her, but one of the other
breastfeeding resource nurses did and said she couldn't believe it?  Don't
have much more info than that.  Hormonal or emotional or a combination?  Has
anyone seen this and/or have any references?

Next mom was re-admitted at 5 days postpartum (first baby, uncomplicated
vaginal delivery)with a severe case of endometris.  Had been breastfeeding
without problems before readmittance.  We started her pumping to maintain her
supply (baby was also brought in for some feedings).  After the first day,
mom became very nauseaus and would throw up everytime she pumped or breastfed
baby.  She said the uterine cramping was more uncomfortable since the
endometritis with pumping and breastfeeding, but not extremely so.  Mom was
on gentamycin and clindamycin.  Also given inapsine PRN for the nausea. The
last day I worked, she had been throwing up for 2 days.  So same question
here--is this strictly hormomal; reaction to meds (NKDA); a result of the
uterine cramping/endometritis, etc?  Again, any info and/or references would
be appreciated!!!!!

TIA--Theresa Chambliss

PS All you Australian Lacnetters:  My daughter has just been accepted as an
exchange student to Australia.  She will be going to Engadine in the
Sutherland Shire.  We will have a student here for 6 months starting in July,
then Annie will go back with her and stay with her family for 6 months.  Any
advice on how to make our student Katie feel more at home while she's here
would be appreciated (email privately).  Thanks!