From:
Dany Gauthier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 May 1996 00:08:36 -0400
Hi Lactnetters!

I have had GD during two of my three pregnancies. After I had it with the
first pregnancy, the doctors told me I would probably be getting it with
every other pregnancy. I did not have it during my second pregnancy and I
got it with my last only because I went into premature labor and the drug
they gave me (Ventolin) caused an unbalance and my sugar levels flaired up
again. I did not breastfeed while pregnant, but I am now working with
mothers who have Juvenile Diabetes. They usually need to decrease the amount
of insulin injected daily, because some of the glucose they eat is used up
by the mammary gland to make milk. You can find good information on BF
management of a mom with Juvenile diabetes in Dr. Lawrence's book A Guide to
the Medical Profession, and in the Lactation Consultant Series.
Dany Gauthier IBCLC
Montreal, Canada
Tel: 514-923-3792
Fax:514-923-3802