From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 1996 17:08:48 -0400
Hi All,
EBM in cups;
First, are these open cups that the staff have to help with?  If so, how
about a asippy cup baby can hold himself, or one of those nifty little cups
with a straw attached?  This way, baby can get his EBM, and staff doesn't
have to "worry" about getting any of that dangerous EBM on their hands!
 <sarcastically spoken, of course!>
Mom can provide several of these types of cups for baby each day so that the
staff never has to pour EBM from one container into another.
I wonder why they suddenly came up with this "rule", and what are their
fears?  Do they have an agenda of their own against BF?  Have other parents
complained that they are being made to feel guilty <like we could MAKE them
feel guilty> about not BF and bringing in EBM?  What's the deal?
Donna, I wish you the best of luck in dealing with them.
Take care!
Jay