From:
Arly Helm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 1996 20:31:28 -0700
I have to say that 100% of the RNs I work with on the maternity floor have
been kind and supportive and above all, inclusive of me and my work.  They
take time every day to thank me, which makes me feel so appreciated.  I
really enjoy working with them.

I can't say that about the staff in the nursery, but I feel the difference
is attributable in part to my not being "a member of their team," in their
eyes, since in the nursery they are physically and in other ways at a great
distance removed from the mothering part of the hospital where I work.  I
know it's wrong, and odd, but that's how it is.  Of course, there are some
other dynamics going on there, as well.  But it tells me that to make them
support me, I need to be a visible part of their team--now if only I could
find the time to work down there every day, as well!

Arly Helm                                       [log in to unmask]
(MS, Nutrition & Food Sciences, CLE, IBCLC; LC for IHC)