Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Arly Helm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 1996 07:25:22 -0700
I have been trying to find some literature on this coldness which occurs in
the weeks following delivery.  Last night I ran across something
interesting, in a paper on childbearing Haitian refugees:

"Following are comments regarding fears or dangers in the postpartum
period:  'as long as good care is taken of the body there is nothing to be
afraid of,' 'mostly to avoid exposure to air draft and cold wind,' 'may
hemorrhage, catch cold from vagina,' 'uterus may not return to proper
position,' 'infection, air entering abdomen, and uterine cold.'"

[Dempsey, Patricia Ann, and Gesse, Theresa. The Childbearing Haitian
Refugee:  Cultural Applications to Clinical Nursing, Public Health Rep
1983; 98: 261-267.]

Arly in Northern Utah                [log in to unmask]
MS, CLE, IBCLC