Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 1996 10:53:42 GMT
Kathy,
     I hope that the kids are breastfed initially; however, the article uses
stats from age 1 upwards, implying that even 1 year olds are already
malnourished.  The article is probably selected highlights of a more
comprehensive paper and thus we're not seeing all the data.  I feel that data
on whether the kids were BF (or not) before the study is a very important
baseline on which to interpret the presented results.  I *assume* that there
would be an observable difference between babies who started off BF and those
did not.

I will write to the editor of Scientific American, but it will take a while to
get there from the UK as it'll be on paper - they don't seem to have email
there.

                           Regards,
                                  Paul & Anabel