Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Arly Helm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 1996 18:32:16 -0700
I remember someone posted on this sometime back.  Tonight's Canadian
Broadcasting radio program, "As It Happens," is devoting a lot of time to
the problem of mad cow disease in Britain, which is causing a fatal
encephalitis in humans.  At one point it was mentioned that 25% of the
dairy cows slaughtered at one plant were infected.  I understand that the
brain and meninges are the seat of the infection, but since meat can confer
the infection on humans, what about the milk?

I may have missed a reference to this in coming in the house from the car.
Anyone hear anything?

P.S.  I am embarrassed to admit I cannot spell the disease in humans, but
it's Jacob-Kruetzfeldt's disease, I believe.  My Taber's cannot help here.

Arly in Northern Utah                [log in to unmask]
MS, CLE, IBCLC