From:
Shaughn Leach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 1996 14:58:14 +0800
My name is Shaughn Leach (female) and I have been swimming
(or is surfing the more correct word?) around Lactnet for
a few weeks. I feel like I am drowning in breastfeeding information
and have spent ages working out how to best store and access the
relevant topics.

I have been a NMAA Breastfeeding Counsellor since 1984 and have been
in private practice, as a Lactation Consultant, since 1989. I am
the WA State Representative and Treasurer for the National Council of
the Australian Lactation Consultants Association (this has been one
of THE most challenging jobs I have ever undertaken!!).

My work in private practice includes caring for mothers and babies
along with providing ongoing education for health professionals.
This year I am also working with another LC on providing an antenatal
class (breastfeeding) with a difference.  We will be focusing
on attachment based on Michael Woolridges work.

I juggle my family (husband and 3 children), some work for my husband's
business, singing lessons and my private practice and find I run out of
time to spend on the internet.  I do hope though to have more time to
commit to commenting on Lactnet when my children head back to school next
week - how do you all find the time?  Perhaps some private email on time
management would help me.

I'm thinking of you all in the Northern Hemisphere while we in Perth,
Western Australia basked (perhaps I should leave the 's' out) in 36.5C
heat today.

* Western Australian Lactation Consultants *
*  299 6756 Fax: 299 8502  Mob:015 195 873 *
*       Shaughn Leach Dip Tchg, IBCLC      *