From:
"Jan L. Aken" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 1996 00:28:11 EST
Hi Pam  regarding your
 *Just got a call from a 42 yr old who has one 3 year old (weaned at 7 mo.)
Yesterday she noticed her right breast was noticably larger, heavy, and has
milk.  Her right breast has been larger ever since an automobile accident (5
months pregnant at the time).  Accident also left her right arm paralzyed.*
 I don't know if this helps or not but ...I had a client last fall who called
and said her left breast was very engorged and was leaking. She had weaned about
8 months before this time. The right breast was normal,no engorgement or
leaking. The only thing we could figure out was this client had been working
very hard for several days  in her yard doing fall clean-up.  This mother was
left handed and was really using the left hand and arm working in the yard. She
stopped doing all the yard work, used cabbage leaves for about 3 days on the
left breast and the engorgement resolved. She did not have any further problems.

I know you say your clients arm is paralyzyed and it is also the rt breast that
is full and lactating, but is she doing something that is stimulating the rt
breast or rt side of her chest ??
   Also.T.L.  can fail , I would suggest your client  have a pregnancy test.
Just some ideas
Jan Aken RN IBCLC