From:
John BLANGIARDO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 1996 21:03:32 UT
Two days into my subscription to Lactnet and I'm delighted already!  The
entries are wonderful and its great to have a place to go to with my reaction
to a Bits and Pieces entry in the ILCA Globe 2/96 which arrived in my mailbox
today.  It states:

"The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry is recommending that all babies
be weaned from the breast or the bottle by their first birthday to prevent
problems with "baby bottle mouth."  There have been no valid scientific
studies to support the contention that either extended breastfeeding or
nighttime nursing contributes to dental carries in the primary teeth."

Its likely this will soon find its way to the media if it hasn't already.  Any
ideas what we can do as LC's to remind the AAPD of the lack of studies?
Anyone know AAPD's e-mail address?  Anyone have any experience with this
filtering down to your local news on tv or radio?   How have you responded?

Thanks for sharing.  Joyce Blangiardo RN, FACCE, IBCLC