From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 1996 13:15:12 -0500
Hi All,
Have a client with a 2 mo early premie.  He's now in an isolet breathing room
air, being fed thru a nose tube (gavage?).  The Drs have told mom that her
EBM is too rich <???> for her baby so are giving him some special premie ABM.
 My question... WHY?  It is my understanding that the EBM would be more
appropriate for him.  Is there some info I can give this mom to convince her
Drs that her EBM is the bes thing for this baby?  Drs say that maybe next
week they will start giving him her EBM.
TIA!
Jay
(who is ever puzzled by these things that should be so simple)