From:
Sarah Barnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 1996 08:54:01 -0500
A few weeks ago Arly Helm also asked about Turner's.  I spoke to a friend
who is an MD in pediatric rehab and she was so intrigued that she made a
few calls for me.  She spoke to a Dr. in Colorado (somehow I misplaced
his name and number, but I can get it again) who is an expert in long
term follow up of Turners and related disorders.  He said that there is
no reason for there to be any particular problem due to Turners as you
do not need ovaries to lactate.
 He did suggest a prolactin level test before delivery.
  He also would appreciate follow up on any cases of women with Turner's
syndrome who do lactate.  I will get his name for future reference.

Sarah Friend Barnett, LLLL, IBCLC
Bronx (New York City), New York