From:
Marilee Woodworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 1996 12:12:25 -0500
Two of you have now suggested that the mother of twins who may have
over-supply on one side pump some milk off first. I'm assuming this is to get
to the hind milk. But won't pumping contribute to her over-supply problem.
She actually had been doing lots of extra pumping and I advised her to slow
that down so that her supply is more in true synchrony with her babies'
needs. I had another mother of twins who was so enthusiastic about pumping.
Loved to see those bags in the freezer. Her babies were gassy and fussy and
we determined that they were getting mostly fore-milk because her supply was
so large.
Marilee Woodworth, IBCLC, LLLL, Ann Arbor, MI