From:
Shirley Gross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 1996 16:47:35 -0700
Here is a short clip from our newspaper regarding Ann Martin who was thrown
out of a Monteal mall for breastfeeding.

"A woman who said a security guard at a Montreal shopping mall told her to
stop breastfeeding or leave, reached a settlement Friday with the centre's
owner and the security company.

Ann Martin, a mother of two, said the mall's owner and the security company
have each paid her $1,250 and signed an agreement stating the incident
didn't reflect their policies.  The mall's owner also recognized a woman's
right to breastfeed in public places.  Martin complained to the Quebec Human
Rights Commission that the 1994 incident violated her rights."

The Edmonton Journal, Saturday Feb 17, 1996

Horay for Ms. Martin!

Shirley Gross

M. Shirley Gross M.D.,C.M., C.C.F.P., I.B.C.L.C.
Director, Edmonton Breastfeeding Clinic
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
E mail at  <  [log in to unmask]  >