From:
Sherwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 1996 14:22:47 +0800
An article in the West Australian [newspaper] the other day about the dairy
industry states that "a contented cow is a productive cow".   I am not
suggeting that we compare nursing mothers to cows.  Just that dairy farmers
are in business to make money- they know one of the basic principal is that
if their cows are stressed they won't make as much milk.  If we could
convince "the powers that be" of the financial advantages of breastfeeding,
more would be done to create a comfortable, safe environment for new mothers