Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Noelle Rice Rn, Bsn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 1996 16:19:08 +0100
Our local LC just phoned me and is puzzled by a call received from a mom
who is nursing a 5 month old (second baby - experienced nurser) and
suddenly became engorged and is even leaking from one breast.  Mom does
have history of rheumatoid arthritis but LC doesn't believe she takes any
regular medication for it. Baby is exclusively breastfed and mom denies
doing anything different lately.  She is handling the engorement but is
concerned as to why this is happening.  Any ideas out there?

(The LC cited a related case a while back where a different mom and babe
mutually weaned at 17 months.  One month later the mom was engorged and
dripping milk.  The OB ran a hormone level but it was normal and as far as
the LC knows it resolved.)

All ideas, references, and suggestions welcomed.

Noelle Rice