From:
Marilee Woodworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 1996 12:37:39 -0500
I had a phone consult with a mother who is convinced that one of her breasts
produces milk that is causing colicky symptoms and rashes in one of her
babies. She is nursing twins and mostly has kept them each to their own side.
They are 10 weeks and are both gaining well. The one baby is very fussy and
gassy, has greenish stools and has a rash. When she switches breasts, the
other baby starts having symptoms. The problem breast is and has always been
larger and she thinks she has overactive let-down. I talked about dairy
product sensitivity. Any other ideas?
Marilee Woodworth, IBCLC, LLLL, Ann Arbor, MI