From:
pat Bull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 1996 19:11:48 -0500
Hello all,

My two cents for what it is worth.  I actually did some testing on the select
pumps and most of the people did prefer them over the lactina.  Some  things
I have discovered are the double pumping y tubing occasionally will losen.
 The milk bank out in Colorado educated me that anythime  suction began to
decrease, they would tighten up the cylinder in the cylinder holder and
tighten up all the tubing and the suction would usually go back to normal.
 Sure enough that was all it took for me when I noticed some decrease in
"suction".
Once again, do not forget, all mothers are different.  All babies suck
differently, some slow, some fast, some strong, some weaker.  That is why the
select pump was designed.  I experienced mothers telling me "I love to
increase cycling and suctioning to encourge let-down and then decrease both"
 where another mother would tell me " I will wait until let-down and then I
like to increase the suctioning and the cycling".  I was amazed at how
different each mother was.  What is important is whatever works is what the
mother should use, not what we think nor what marketing says.
In regards to the "pump in style" , sorry not all have heard about it yet and
even people are mad because they are not sure who is selling it.  It is a new
product that is just coming out.  Again, I have done some testing on it, and
mothers do like it as an alternative choice.  It is not to replace anything.
 Suctioning is the same as the lactina ( I have gauged it myself).  It will
be available for rental stations.  More information will be out soon.  E-mail
me if you have questions.  I am not here to market or sell, but it does get
frustrating at times when you read some of the posts and you wonder "where
did all this come from?".  I am just interested in getting the correect info
out.

Florida was a great conference--wonderful  speakers---right Linda Smith and
Marsha Walker???  Networking was the most fun.  Saw many of my netter friends
there.

Pat Bull, RN, IBCLC
The Breastfeeding Connection
Medela