From:
Ros Escott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 1996 11:13:50 +0000
Last year when I was in the USA I came across a product which we
Australians laughingly referred to a "nipple stoppers".  They are
silicone devices worn in the bra with a plug that pushes the nipple
in to stop leaking.  I have never got a mother to try the pair I
bought, although they are an interesting curiosity.  The
manufacturers claim they work well but I fear they might lead to
blocked ducts, mastitis, thrush, etc.  Do they? I would be interested
to know whether any lactnetters have used them or know mothers who
have used them?
Ros Escott
"In every work the beginning is the most important part,
especially in dealing with anything young and tender." Socrates