From:
Kim Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 1996 20:29:35 -0500
Hi everyone,

My co-LLL Leader asked me to post this for her so this is all the information
I have. She received a call from a woman who is breastfeeding her
one-year-old son. He is still nursing frequently (at least 6x a day). Her
period has returned and she is having trouble with PMS (I don't know exactly
what symptoms she is having). She called because she is interested in using
Progest cream. I only know a little about this product because my mother also
uses it. I believe it is made from Mexican yams. Does anyone have any
information about what (if any) effect this could have on breastfeeding?

She also asked about the herb Dong Quai. I don't have any information on this
either. Does anyone know about this herb?

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a vacation with my oldest daughter so if
anyone knows anything about either of these things, could you email me ASAP?

TIA,

Kim Balzer, LLLL who is off to Disneyland!!