Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Margery Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 1996 09:51:40 -0500
Yes, Jeanette--I agree 100% I am always frustrated by the parenting advice
handed out so authoritatively by assorted health care providers. ("Who died
and made you Dr. Spock???") A laugh generator when entering my pool of info
goes "One of the first tasks of being a new parent is deciding your style.
Everyone--including me--will give you advice. It started when you were
pregnant, am I right? Didn't perfect strangers approach you--perhaps touch
you?--and offer unsolicited advice/opinions?"  The answer is always yes! It
gets us going on how much each of us desires to share our own philosophy. As
you note, the LLLI advice is the best route. "You will hear many ideas
here..." opens the door for empowerment through informed choice.

Of course, (smug expression on my face)--it is easy for my parenting advice
to sound superior because I'm always right! (Sound of my kids and husband
snickering in hallway ;-}  )

Margery Wilson, IBCLC