From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 1996 08:27:12 -0500
OK, guys, did I imagine what I thought I saw or not?  Was watching ER last
night (that and MASH are the ONLY two TV programs I would even consider),
when they had a commercial for Kodak's new film coming sometime to a store
near you.  Can't remember the name of the film, but it isn't germaine to this
anyway.  The gist of the commercial was "beautiful" things, and they had a
lot of quickie flashes on different scenes -- mostly scenery and people.
 However, for a quick instant, I am POSITIVE they flashed on a bf mom & baby;
baby probably about 5 or 6 months, mom not sitting facing the camera head on,
but a shot of her coming in from her right side; baby on left br.

Someone let me know if I am crazy or not.....

One other comment about birth (one other, what am I, nuts?)  Anyway, a recent
observation:  Moms who have had an epidural and/or medication; particularly
an epidural that is in place for most of the labor, don't seem nearly as
inclined to rehash their birth experiences as moms who have gone the
distance.  It seems very cut & dried -- "yeah, went into labor at xxx, came
in, doc broke the water, got the epidural at xxx and she was born at xxx."  I
find them almost dispassionate about it, as though it isn't a big deal.  I
remember having to talk about it over and over and over, to get it into my
experiential grid.  (I'm STILL talking about it and we are now 21, 17 & 11
years later!!).  Anyone else noted this?

Jan B -- who just drove Timothy to school and is grateful the car started at
-20 this morning.