Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Margi Byrne Rn Ibclc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 1996 00:07:28 -0500
Maple Syrup Disease is actually MSUD (maple syrup urine disorder) it is
characterized by the urine of the baby having a strong odor of (literally),
maple syrup.  I don't have my referance books here at home so I don't know
exactly what it involves.  It is along the lines of PKU.  I know it involves
not being able to metabilize a protein (methyl-somthing).  Like cystic
fibrosis in the Amish it can be hereditary.  There is a special formula
available for these infants made by one of the ABM companies.  I hope someone
with more Knowledge also writes and can give you more info.  If this disese
is not caught early enough it will cause brain damage and eventually death.