Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Dany Gauthier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 1995 08:56:52 -0500
Regarding Phyllis Kombol's request for written procedures or protocols or
how we got cup and finger feeding accepted in Montreal: It all started with
a conference by Dr. Jack Newman, and many others following in different
areas of Montreal and suburbs. Then, many hospitals started to request
in-servicing by LC's. Workshops detailing the basics of breastfeeding and
how to finger or cup feed an infant, were given in most major hospitals in
the area. The hospitals receiving the workshops, all started to use these
alternate methods.

I just recently reviewed a document made by the Regie Regionale de la Sante
et des Services Sociaux (Quebec Government). This document will be
distributed in the area it was made for which is the Eastern Townships, but
it will also be available to any Health Professionals. It is a protocol for
Health Professionals and it is research based. But it is in French! i am not
aware of any recently published English protocols but I will ask around and
let you know if I fing anything.
Dany Gauthier IBCLC
Tel: 514-923-3792
Fax:514-923-3802