From:
sherwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 1996 18:37:40 +0800
I have either been pregnant or breastfeeding for 18 years.  My first four
babies weighed 8lb 15oz, 8lb15oz, 9lb9oz, 9lb15oz (I was nusing #3 while in
labor with this one!) My fifth baby weighed 5lb7oz when he was born at 32
weeks. (A pretty god size for a prem baby.)   The first two tandem
nursed-weaning during pregnancy with baby#3.  Babies 3 &4 tandem nursed and
#4 &5 tandem nursed.   I currently am involved with La Leche League here in
Perth, Australia.  One of the mothers in my group nursed through her
pregnancy with twins- both twins weighed over 8lb at birth. (Incidently a
natural, unmedicated birth-no episiotomy!)  This mother is now nursing her
23 month old and her (really fat) seven month old twins.  She isn't sure if
she is tandem nursing or "tri" nursing!   She says that nursing the older
baby has been a life saver  in the transition transition from one baby to
three babies!   Nancy Sherwood LLLl, IBCLC-  Perth, Australia