From:
Linda Pohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 1996 14:40:31 -0700
Judy-

Boy, this does sound cruel the way it see it in writing!  I had to do this
with one of my children.  When he went to sleep he would clench his jaw so
tightly that I physically not wrench his jaw open with my finger.  Mostly
when you pull their noses into the breast they immediately open their mouths
and generally come off of the breast.  Just like the little ones when they
are not positioned properly and blocking the nose causes them to pull off
and arch.

Linda Pohl, IBCLC
Phoenix, Arizona USA