From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 1995 10:51:50 -0500
Pat,

What was your second BF & Supp line that was around 10%?  And how does Ross
define supplementation?  I'm finding it a bit strange that we have suddenly
jumped from 57% initiation rate (or thereabouts) in 1994 to 70% in 1995.  I'm
not sure why, but I think I smell a self-serving rat here.  Something along
the lines of, "Look how well we have done with the bf rate by handing out
formula discharge packs in the hospital.  Instead of bringing the rates down
we are actually bringing them up."  And is this total USA including low
income & WIC moms, or is this just the high falutin' well educated moms?

Jan (who is viewing this with a clothespin on her nose and a jaundiced
eye...help me out here) Barger