Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Ruth Sweet, IBCLC, LLLL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 1995 16:12:20 -0600
Comments:
To: "[log in to unmask]"@ssc.wisc.edu
Thank you Jeanine for your response on this topic.

I was favorably impressed with K.D.'s posting, but then dismayed at the
defensiveness it engendered from so my of my lactnet friends.  I have been
trying to figure out how to respond and then Jeanine said it better.

There are many time as a parent when we fall short of our own image of the
perfect parent and there are many times that our kids do not behave
in ways that we would expect of someone who received perfect parenting.
But why do we expect perfection of ourselves or our kids?  And why do we
claim as our own any problem or superiority that belongs to our kids?
We try to help our clients to avoid blaming themselves.  We need to extend
that to ourselves.  We do the best we can and that is very good.  Let's be
proud of ourselves and not make excuses because something doesn't come out
perfect.

Ruth of Verona WI