From:
Kathe Catone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 1996 03:48:10 -0500
According to my family practice P.A. husband, the general guidelines are that
going 90 days with no menses (in a non pregnant/lactating woman) raises the
risk of uterine cancer, thus the progesterone.  It has to do with the
endometrial lining & hormone levels.   (I caught him as he got home after the
late shift of 9 hours urgent care that was one of 'those' nights, cardiac
arrests coming into urgent care, instead of going directly to the ER, etc.
 He couldn't give me chapter & verse, statistics, etc. off the top of his
head, he'll look things up tomorrow.)

He couldn't believe that someone would be trying to apply this to a lactating
mother, and wondered if this HCP had been educated as to Lactational
Ammenorhea  (sp?)?

Kathe Catone, IBCLC, LLLL     ([log in to unmask])