From:
Margery Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 1996 16:15:25 -0500
I have heard some LCs mention the possibility of allergy causing this
phenomenon. My youngest daughter clicked her way through infancy and there
was nothing I could ever find as the cause. No effects, either: she gained
well, I remained comfortable. It has been 7 years since--and I still have no
answer!

A few weeks ago I saw a month-old baby do the same thing. My first reaction
was to try and fix the problem--until I *kept my hands in my pockets and my
mouth closed* long enough to realize things were fine. Baby is gaining well,
is healthy, mom is comfortable.

Margery Wilson, IBCLC
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA