From:
Alicia Dermer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 1996 21:45:03 -0500
Hi, all:  I'd like some input from those who watch a fair amount of
Sesame Street.  I used to watch it with my now 14-yr-old, but my 5-yr-old
doesn't particularly like it and my hours don't allow me to watch it with
her often.  However, just today, I happened to watch it, and there was
this brief counting segment showing 1,2,3,4 parents with strollers,
followed by 1,2,3,4 babies bobbing up in the strollers, then 1,2,3,4
babies crying, then 1,2,3,4, babies drinking bottles, then all four
contentedly playing and going to sleep.  Is there any trend?  I remember
during the early '80s a number of segments very positive about
breastfeeding.  Has Children's Television Workshop acquired any abm
manufacturers' corporate support?  If there really is a predominant
bottle-feeding message coming through, maybe we should get the address
and give them some feedback.  Alicia.  [log in to unmask] (in beautiful
snow-and-ice covered New Jersey)