From:
Marie Schulte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 1995 10:25:32 -0800
My mother, who is the nurse manager of Infection Control at a large urban
hospital, feels that washing pump parts with hot soapy water or in the
dishwasher is sufficient unless the baby has some specific problem like an
immune deficiency. Mothers do put unsterilized pacifiers, etc. into the
mouths of babes all the time. She agrees with the general thread of this
discussion that it is unecessary overkill to try to sterilize pump equipment
with every use. This discussion was very reassuring to me because this
question comes up a lot on our local LLL helpline.

Marie of WI LLLL & MOM