From:
Alicia Dermer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 1995 08:36:49 -0500
Dany: Cefzil is cefaprozil, a cephalosporin.  I don't have anything handy
showing any advantage of it over other cephalosporins, but I'm sure that
there are other antibiotics which cover the bacteria she's infected
with.  In my experience, doctors often prescribe a medication they're
comfortable with or have samples of in the office, so it's not
necessarily the only drug that will work.  When it comes to
breastfeeding, I believe it's best to use an effective medication we know
is compatible rather than wondering about some new drug and its possible
effects.  Alicia.  [log in to unmask]