From:
Jackie Cesnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 1995 12:41:41 +1100
>Hi Amy
>I am 13 weeks pregnant and still nursing my 28-month-old daughter (before nap
>and bedtime, and 2-3 times at night for short periods). Everything had been
>fine until last Wednesday, when I began bleeding, what seemed to be quite a
>lot of blood in  my panicked state. The OB sent me to the hospital to be
>check out (it was 10:30 PM). I kept bleeding while I was there, but only when
>I went to the bathroom.
>I have 2 children (2 Miscarraiges at around 6 & 10 wks one before the first
and one in between) With Samantha I had vaginal bleeding at about 6 weeks,
but all my signs were normal. With Tess I couldn't beleive anyone could
bleed so much and still be pregnant. Despite this very worrying time, I
delivered normal healthy babies at term. No one could give me reasons for
the bleeding, except one rather vague explanation that its in incidental
sloughing of the uterine lining not associated with the placenta itself or
its attachment. I had no pain with this and was not able to correlate it
with my menstral cycle as I am and have always have been rather irregular
and have long cycles.  I am now 43 and am much more regular.
I discussed this with friends at the time and found it was (the bleeding)
very common.
I hope this sets your mind at rest as I found this a very worrying experience.
Regards Jackie