From:
Deena Zimmerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 1995 14:15:23 -0400
I'm back after my self imposed exile (Holidays now over but of course all the
work scheduled is not done....) with the following questions. The first two
were discussed in depth but I do not remember when to look up the logs so
that information would help or new answers.
1) Now that synotocin nasal spray is not available what can be used instead?
2) Mother has had unilateral breast surgery the interrrupted the nipples and
pucts.  Was told that she could not breastfeed on the other side as it would
cause' horribly painful engorgement" I seem to remember a number of women
reporting that this had not been the case. Mom really wants to breastfeed on
the remaining side. (she is due in a few weeks)
3) If anyone has been pregnant both with and witout nursing, have you noticed
any difference in the symptoms of pregnancy (nausea etc) while nursing?
Better? Worse?
Thanks for your help
--
*  Deena Zimmerman MD MPH                          *
*  Department of Pediatrics                        *